Moisturizing Lip Gloss
MOISTURIZING LIP GLOSS
Moisturizing Glosses improve the longevity of LipSense® Liquid Lip Color, as well as cover and protect naked lips. Glossy Gloss leaves a shiny luster; Pearl Gloss creates a shimmering, special occasion top coat; Matte Gloss removes all shine for a no-frills look; Bouquet Glosses blossom with color in the bottle, but when applied, leave no tint and a gorgeous glossy finish; Sports Lip Balm was created for men, women and children alike. It provides exceptional protection from the elements and helps repair dry, damaged, chapped and sensitive lips. LipSense® Glosses and Sports Balm
What a beautiful bouquet of color we have to offer! The shade selection of Bouquet Glosses covers the vast spectrum of the rainbow! Barely there, tinted hues perfectly enhance any shade of LipSense®! Shea Butter heals and soothes lips while the sheer essence of color makes a subtle statement of blossoming beauty. (see the product science below)
SCIENCE BEHIND THE PRODUCT
Here is a partial list of some of the ingredients in the LipSense® Glosses and the role they play:
- Dimethicone, Octoxynol-40, Isolaureth-6 - Silicone emollients which add to the silky feeling of the gloss.
- Beeswax - A highly refined thickening agent used for its emollient properties that creates a coating over the lips to help seal in moisture.
- Tocopherol - A form of Vitamin E considered as an antioxidant superstar.“tingling”
- Butyrospermum Parkii - The scientific name for Shea Butter, considered a plant lipid. Lipids are the oil and fat components of skin that prevent moisture evaporation from the skin and provide lubrication to the skin's surface. Lipids are considered a natural moisturizer.
- Propylparaben - Has anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties that help prevent the formation of yeast and mold in products. It is non-toxic and non-irritating to the skin.
LIP GLOSS FACTS
- The Sports Lip Balm is the only SeneGence® LipSense® gloss product that contains both the Shea Butter AND SenePlex® Complex (increasing cellular growth). Sports Lip Balm is wonderful for lips that are in need of repair.
- Glossy Gloss has the highest concentration of Shea Butter while Matte Gloss has the least.
- Glossy Gloss has the thickest viscosity while Pearl Gloss is the heaviest because it contains more Mica.
- What is the shelf life of the gloss? The shelf life of an open gloss varies from person to person and determined by the amount of bacteria that has collected inside the tube. Bacteria and germs from the atmosphere collect upon the applicator each time the gloss is used. When new, the gloss is odorless. If, over time, it begins to develop an unpleasant aroma, throw it away. The unpleasant aroma means that a substantial amount of bacteria is growing within the gloss and should be replaced with a fresh tube of gloss.
- Is there an SPF factor in the gloss? There is NO SPF in the glosses! To create a mechanical shield for lips, the gloss must be applied over, at least, three layers of LipSense® lip color.
- Can I keep a tube of gloss in my car? Use your best judgment - you might want to remove it, if it’s scorching hot.
- Why do the colored gloss shades separate? The colors that contain the greatest amount of Mica will be the ones to slightly separate. Mica carries a certain weight and will gravitate to the lowest point of the tube depending upon the direction the tube is facing. Simply pump the applicator to re-mix the mica into the gloss base.
- My customer has chapped lips and she felt a “burning sensation” when she tried LipSense® on for the first time. What do I do? Customers often feel a “tingling” sensation when first applying LipSense®. The reason this may occur is that the SDA40 used in the product evaporates as it delivers the color technology. The nerve endings found within open lesions in the lips caused by dryness and cracking of the skin feels the evaporation process of SDA40. The Shea Butter within each one of the glosses helps to restore the moisture to the lips usually within a ten day to two week period, if applied to the lips every day and night. To replenish the moisture in lips as quickly as possible, recommend to customers to use only Sports Lip Balm or Glossy Gloss for at least the first three days and nights. LipSense® placed upon healthy well moisturized lips will not feel an initial tingling sensation when applying the product.